I love it when a recipe tastes so good you can’t believe it’s healthy! I was able to get a pre-release copy of Eating Well: Fast & Flavorful Meatless Meals, and decided to give this recipe a try.
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 C red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 C fresh chopped cilantro
- 15 oz can white beans (rinsed)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 4 wraps
1. Whisk together vinegar, oil, chile, and salt. Add cabbage, carrot, and cilantro; mix well and set aside.
2. Mash beans and avocado; stir in cheese and onion.
3. Serve on a tortilla using about 1/2 C of the bean mix and 2/3 C of the cabbage-carrot mixture.
The Verdict: I loved the bold, fresh flavors and saved some for lunch for next week.
346 calories, 17 g fat, 12 g protein, 13 g fiber
This post shared at Katherine Martinelli