Have I mentioned how great of a cook DH is? Although this recipe doesn’t really use local ingredients (unless you count the hot pepper we used from our CSA), it’s still healthy, mostly clean, and a hit every time we make it. DH made it for his post-100 mile bicycle ride cookout last Sunday.
FOR PRINTABLE VERSION CLICK HERE: Teriyaki Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa
Source: Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
For the Salsa:
1 large ripe mango
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1 Tbs oil
1 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 Tbs mint (finely chopped)
1 tsp jalapeno pepper (minced, with seeds)
1/4 tsp salt
For the Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sake (sweet)
1 Tbs oil
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
1 tsp garlic (minced)
4 mahi mahi fillets (about 6 oz each and 1 inch thick)
1. Peel mango and dice to 1/4 inch thick squares; mix with remaining salsa ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
3. Place the marinade and fish fillets in a large plastic bag, press out the air, turn the bag to coat somewhat evenly, and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
4. Remove fillets, discard remaining marinade, spray each side of the fillet with oil, and grill over direct high heat until it’s opaque throughout, 8-10 minutes, turning once halfway through the grilling time.
5. Serve the fish warm, topped with the salsa.
The Verdict: Do you even have to ask? The mango salsa perfectly complements the marinated mahi mahi, which is the best fish in the world, although I’ve had trouble figuring out if it’s sustainably raised or not. Sometimes, you just have to splurge.
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (10.1 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (35%) 136.5
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.27g 23%
Saturated Fat 3.11g 16%
Cholesterol 64.6mg 22%
Sodium 746.08mg 31%
Potassium 562.62mg 16%
Total Carbohydrates 16.18g 5%
Fiber 1.33g 5%
Protein 41.07g 82%
This recipe also shared with Ultimate Recipe Swap