I’m once again taking liberties with this recipe from Simply in Season. The similarities are that it contains pasta and vegetables. But from there we diverge.
- 1 package of pasta
- 1 bunch of kale (or other greens; remove the stems and coarsely chop)
- 1/2 C pesto (I used the chive pesto that was leftover from the Summer Pesto Pizza)
- 4 C mixed vegetables
- cheese, olives if desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When there are about 5-8 minutes left, add the kale to the boiling water. Don’t be alarmed, it will cook down quite a bit.
- Drain the pasta and kale and return to pot.
- Add the pesto and mix well. Then add whatever vegetables you have lying around. Cherry tomatoes are a must. (In my humble opinion). I used carrot, summer squash, cherry tomatoes.
- To make it a bit more filling, add feta cheese and olives.
The Verdict: This is my favorite go-to Saturday lunch recipe. It uses a whole bunch of kale and cleans out those random veggies you might have laying around. Plus it tastes good!