Have you ever had to go to a party or “bring a dish to pass” event and brought chips and dip? Or something from the deli and just put it in your own bowl hoping no one would notice the telltale taste of preservatives or whatever it is they put in the potato salad that has that chemically sweet aftertaste?
There is an alternative that is almost as fast and is a bit more impressive: Homemade Dips like the Pumpkin Dip recipe from Simply in Season.
This is one of those recipes where a Kitchen Aid comes in handy.
- 12 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C of pumpkin (cooked and pureed)
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- gingersnaps or apples.
- Beat together cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- When it's all blended up it will be nice and fluffy. Serve with gingersnaps or apples.
The verdict: I loved the extra dash of nutmeg. DH said it was very good, although the gingersnaps were hard. Well, they were store bought, what do you expect? Had I not had a busy week I would have made some homemade, but hey–at least I made *something* homemade for this party and didn’t just bring a bag of Doritos.